October Earthdog tests and club meeting

Hi all:
The Board of Directors and the Earthdog test committee are thrilled that we are planning to host our annual Earthdog tests on October 24 & 25, 2020 at our usual place, Canyon RV Park. A copy of the premium list will be posted on Duffy’s Cavern http://duffyscavern.org/Earthe_dogges.htm and our Facebook page. A revision has been made to our premium list and should be posted in the next couple of days. The changes are that we have had to cancel our potluck lunch and our Farmhunt and raffle. These are due to the current Covid-19 restrictions. The club will be adhering to the AKC Best Practices and will require MASKS and social distancing. To that end, we will have staked out areas with 6′ distancing to aid everyone in staying safe.

Our meeting will take place on Sunday afternoon, about 1 pm, once the tunnels have been pulled. Dig in is pending, but will probably be on Friday, Oct 23.

Additionally, the earth dog test committee and the board will continue to monitor the local and state restrictions. Any changes will be posted both here on our webpage and on our Facebook page.

For those who pre-enter, full refunds will be made if we are unable to hold the tests. For those that may chose to do day-of entries, we respectfully request checks rather than cash, if at all possible.
Stay safe!

Posted in Border Terriers

Cancellation of Desert Empire Terrier Club specialties and Palm Springs Kennel Club All Breed shows for January 2021

It is with great sadness that I share the cancellation of the annual January in Indio/start of the year shows.  We received word today that Desert Empire Terrier (including our specialty) and Palm Springs Kennel Club have decided to cancel the 2021 shows. With all the uncertainty in California, at this time, it seems to be the safe choice to make.

Posted in Border Terriers

Cancellation of Agility trials, Specialty, and both April and May meetings

Updates for scheduled events for our club:
Agility trials scheduled for April 25/26 have been cancelled.
Mission Circuit, including out designated specialty on Saturday, May 23 have been cancelled.
Due to the risks associated with the COVID-19 virus, we will not be holding either the April meeting or the May Annual meeting.
We will move the annual meeting to a date later this year, once the CDC and local authorities determine it is safe to gather in numbers. Annual awards forms will be mailed out once we determine when we can hold the meeting.
Regarding nominations that could be received from the floor at the April meeting, should someone want to run for office, a letter stating who is nominating and an acceptance by the person nominated, may be mailed to Star Ott, either emailed or postmarked dated no later than April 26, 2020.
If no nominations are received, the nominating committee slate will assume office on June 1, 2020, per the constitution and by laws.
Best wishes to each of you as we get through this difficult time.
Posted in Border Terriers